|Swiss Chard planted last September gives us|
greens while we wait for spinach.
|Broccoli under milk jug covers.|
1. Planted 50 ft. of sprouted pea seeds.
2. Planted 50 strawberry plants.
3. Transplanted 8 broccoli plants into the garden.
4. Transplanted bell peppers to larger cups.
5. Pulled all brussels sprouts plants; cleaned, blanched, and froze 6 quarts.
|Brussels sprouts on several stems.|
We've managed to tune the lawnmower since the lawn needed an early cut, and the tiller is next. Red clover is reaching skyward about an inch a day, and it's just about the height it was last year when we tilled it under. Last year we used "red" clover (named red because that's the color of its blossoms, but we don't let it go to seed) as a green manure or cover crop because it fixes nitrogen in the soil. After incorporating it into terrible subdivision soil, we had the best corn crop we've ever seen!
|Peach blossoms on the way out one week ahead of last year.|